LAKER EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
Each and every gift is critical to providing educational opportunities for our children. We are grateful for your interest and welcome the opportunity to share with you the many ways you can be involved.
There are several ways for you to make a contribution:
We accept donations throughout the year to provide consistent support for our grants. You make a single donation or pledge ongoing contributions.
Visionary $10,000 - $24,999
Trustee $5,000 - $9,999
Patron $1,000 - $4,000
Benefactor $500 - $999
Partner $250 - $499
Contributor $100 - $249
Friend $1 - $99
Why support the Laker Educational Foundation?
1. We bring people together enriching all ages. We are intergenerational.
2. Anyone can apply for a grant to teach or share their skills.
3. We are vital, strong and sustainable. 10% of all dollars raised goes to an endowment so we are able to give grants for generations to come.
4. We are excellent stewards of our donations.
5. We are a vehicle for partnerships and outreach with the potential to leave a lasting legacy for all learners in our community.
6. Our strength is our diversity, our commitment and our collective talents.
7. We are protecting and inspiring the future of our community.
8. We engage youth, families and retirees as teachers and/or students in co-curricular opportunites.
9. We are inclusive. All schools and faith communities are encouraged to participate; board members vary in age, ethnicity and expertise and have different ties to the community. Grants are made with this in mind.
The Foundation is located in Prior Lake and Savage, and its mailing address is P.O. Box 840, Prior Lake, MN 55372. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt public charity under the Internal Revenue Code, and contributions are tax deductible, subject to limitations in applicable law.
No goods or services are provided to any donor in exchange for contributions. Unless otherwise specified, contributions to the Foundation will be used for its general charitable purposes and endowment. This disclosure is made under Minn. Stat. 309.556.
Quotes from Parents
"I, for one, am volunteering for this board because my children are just starting out in the district and I want their educational experience to be as fulfilling and inspiring as it possibly can, and unfortunately budgets just don't allow for everything they might need/benefit from. I want my children to see as they grow up that I am hugely committed to them and their personal success and that the community they live in is committed to that too."
"LEF will impact us by providing a significant number of learning opportunities to our children that wouldn't be possible otherwise, thereby inspiring them to achieve more in their educational "careers" and in their personal relationships, overall infusing this community with a sense of cooperation and spirit that isn't present today."